TP-LINK today announced the TP-LINK Archer C20i – AC750 Simultaneous Dual-Band Broadband Wireless AC Router – geared for budget-minded students and consumers, seeking an attractively priced router, without sacrificing performance. At a suggested list price of $59.99 (CAD), the Archer C20i is the category leader for price-performance in the entry-level AC wireless category, and comes with a long two-year warranty. The Archer C20i supports the 802.11ac standard, offering higher throughput and longer range than previous generation routers, and is backward compatible with 802.11n devices, including laptops, smartphones and tablets.
Premium Features, Including USB Port
The Archer C20i boasts a new contemporary design that nicely blends in with other consumer electronic devices in a room; advanced encryption (WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK) against security threats; and includes a highly coveted USB port, a rarity in the entry-level AC wireless category, for sharing printers, files, and media with different devices on a local home network, or remotely via a FTP server.
With 433Mbps wireless speeds over the crystal clear 5GHz band and 300Mbps over the 2.4GHz band, the Archer C20i offers the flexibility of two dedicated networks and ensures the highest levels of wireless performance. Additionally, high-quality connections can be maintained even when multiple devices are in use.
Simple tasks such as sending e-mails or web browsing can be handled by the 2.4GHz band while bandwidth intensive tasks such as online gaming, HD video streaming, and video chatting can be handled by the 5GHz band – all at the same time.
Set up of the Archer C20i is easy with the included resource CD: a configuration utility can help users complete the entire software installation, including wireless network settings in just a few minutes.
Stable Omnidirectional Signal and Superior Coverage
The Archer C20i features premium antenna technology: 3 internal high-quality antennas deliver not only stable signals in every direction, but also higher speeds across greater distances. This provides users with superior omnidirectional wireless range and reliability.
- Supports 802.11ac standard: the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300Mbps and 5GHz 433Mbps connections for 733Mbps of total available bandwidth
- Stable omnidirectional signal and superior wireless coverage
- USB port: share a printer locally and files & media with networked devices or remotely via FTP server
- Guest Network Access provides secure Wi-Fi access for guests sharing a network
- Parental Controls allow parents to establish restricted access policies for children
- IP-based Bandwidth Control makes it easier to manage the bandwidth of devices connected to the router
- SPI and NAT firewall protects end-user devices from potential Internet attacks
- WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK encryption provides user networks with active defense against security threats
- IPv6 supported, meeting the demands for the next generation of the Internet
“Students and consumers will appreciate the great value and performance of the new Archer C20i,” says Mark Macaulay, director of sales for TP-LINK Canada told Daily Published. “The new contemporary look of the Archer C20i is exciting and reflects the added emphasis in design that TP-LINK is now taking.”
Macaulay adds, “The Archer C20i supports the 802.11ac standard for better wireless coverage and reliability than previous generation routers. Backward compatibility ensures all older 802.11n devices are fully supported.”
Pricing and Availability
The Archer C20i has a suggested list price of $59.99 (CAD) and comes with a long two-year warranty.